The Advisory Council is appointed by the Swedish government to advice the head of Swedish Higher Education Authority (UKÄ) in different matters.
The head of UKÄ acts on behalf of the Authority and is solely responsible for the activities and responds directly to the government.
The Advisory Council shall meet the requirements of democratic transparency and civic power, but has no decision-making powers.
Members of Swedish Higher Education Authority's Advisory Council
- Sigbritt Karlsson, President of KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Sven Stafström, Director General of the Swedish Research Council
- Caroline Sjöberg, University Director at Umeå university
- Anna-Karin Hatt, CEO at Almega
- Jens Oddershede, former Vice-Chancellor at University of Southern Denmark
- Johan Alvfors, student representative, Codesign
- Karin Boson, PhD Student at University of Gothenburg/Swedish National Union of Students
- Anders Söderholm, Head of UKÄ and Chairperson of the Advisory Council