The Advisory Council is appointed by the Swedish Government to advice the head of the Swedish Higher Education Authority (UKÄ) in different matters.
The head of UKÄ acts on behalf of the authority and is solely responsible for the activities and responds directly to the Government.
The Advisory Council shall meet the requirements of democratic transparency and civic power, but has no decision-making powers.
Members of Swedish Higher Education Authority's Advisory Council
- Sigbritt Karlsson, President of KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Per Abrahamsson, Vice-Chancellor of Uppsala University
- Nicole Frölich, Head of Research, NIFU, Norway
- Annelie Roswall Ljunggren, Head of The Swedish Agency for Public Management
- Ulrika Lindstrand, Chair of The Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers
- Samuel Engblom, Policy Director of TCO (The Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees)
- Anton Jägare, student representative
- Karin Bohman, student representative
- Anders Söderholm, Head of UKÄ and Chairperson of the Advisory Council